News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

found this on an Olds site, about GMs woes

Started by Rhino 21150, May 28, 2005, 05:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

I followed a bunch of links and ended up here. AACA led me to Olds which lead to this message. Read the linked speech and keep in mind it was given in 2000.

"Read a great speech from Jerry Flint, a former Forbes senior editor that has written on the auto industry since the 50s.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/TheOldsZone.html TARGET=_blank>www.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/TheOldsZone.html
click on MISC.
Its the second article down." Texasred

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

Damn good speach, Rhino.  Hard, to the point, and no nonsense.  And kind of sickening, although we have seen some major changes in design, but the patterns described can still be seen.  Maybe someone listened? I hope so.

Steve Crum 20999

I sold my GM stock back in 94 and invested the proceeds in my stainless fabrication shop. Ive made a few dumb mistakes, but dollar for dollar my shop has out performed what the GM stock would have made me in the past 11 years.

Rhino 21150

The speech was given in 2000. A lot of what the man said has since come true. Isnt GM slashing Opel to the bone? Good prediction. Isnt Saturn underperforming? Good prediction. I am afraid they may have listened, but didnt learn anything. Im going out on a limb here: GM is ALMOST ripe for a TAKEOVER. Ten years tops. The company will be broken up and sold off. Toyota/Lexus gets Cadillac. Saturn liquidated. Hummer goes it alone. I just cant imagine who will win the battle for Chevy.