News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

62 Convertible Hydro-Electric system

Started by Archie, May 30, 2005, 08:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie

Fellow enthusiasts,
Just aquired a 62 convertible.  Top wont move.  I can hear the switch clicking when I try to opeerate the top, but no movement, and I cant hear the motor.  Where is the reservoir, motor, control valve, etc....  I would be very grateful for an email at acalise@cox.net, or a call at 401-295-5801 if you have expertise with this model year convertible.
Thanks,
Archie CLC # 17647

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Archie,

You can access the motor and resevoir from inside the trunk, centrally located on the floor of the trunk right up against the back of the back seat.

The Resevoir and Pump are one unit.  With the pump on one side.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Archie

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I didnt know that Cadillac convertibles still used the Hydro-Lectric system for the top as late as 1962.  What was the last year for that? Was 1953 the last year for the Hydro-Lectric seat and windows?

wm Link

All tops were hydroelectric thru 1970. then they were cable/electric 71-6. The 84-5 Eldos were hydro again. The allante was offered with a MANUAL top.

Archie Calise

When was the last year for the hydro seat and windows????/

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Question:  When was the last year for the hydro seat and windows????/

Answer:  Not soon enough.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

John Washburn

Bruce,

You got that correct.

But for our misguided soul it was 1953 when the production cars changed. In 54 electrice windows and seats were an option. You could still get manual windows and seats also.

Ho, ho, ho,

John Washburn
CLC #1067