News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle Fan Belt & Bottom Rad. Hose

Started by Tom Roche. CLC 20925, May 31, 2005, 01:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Roche. CLC 20925

1940 LaSalle: (52)

1. What is the Gates fan belt number or size? (Not the belt for the generator), Is there another fan belt that willwork?

2.  Is there a special radiator hose for the bottom hose on a 1940 LaSalle?

Thanks,

Tom Roche

JIM CLC # 15000

05-30-05
Tom, I cant help you with part numbers for the belts. But, I remember an older brother saying that he went to a truck-stop and purchased belts for his 48 Cadillac (same belts) that were for a WHITE-TRUCK. Dont know what year truck, but he told me that in 63.
As for the bottom RAD. HOSE, it should be a common item with any parts store, just stright-hose, I thank it is 2 in diameter but take your old hose alone to be sure. Its sold by the foot.
Good Luck, HTH, Jim

Bill Ingler 7799

Tom- The bottom hose for your car is an elbow hose, about a 20 degree bend and was used on the 40-50,52,62,72 and the all 41-48. There is a hose that is cut to the right length and the proper bend sold by Bob Cooper, Vintage parts in CA. It allows for the interior spring to prevent cavitation by the pump. I have this hose on both my 41 and 47. I also would ask him about your fan belt.His number is 818-567-4140