News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vacumn tank

Started by robert p millian, June 02, 2005, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert p millian

I have this round vacumn tank that would mount on the firewall. Its about 7 inches long and 4 inches in diamater and has 2 nipples coming out on one side. The exterior of tank is ribbed and although it looks close to the 59 and 60 with 3 carbs,its a little differnt in appearance. Would anyone know what year cady this may fit? Im thinking,maybe 57 or 58? Would appreciate any help on this.

bob

wm Link

If it looks like a coffee can painted black...its more like a 1966 vacuum tank.

robert p millian

Bill

Asking around,I just found out that ,that vacumn can was not used on the 57 or 58 cady. I was told that some models came with the ribbs on it to give it strength and was used only on cadys that came with the 3 carbs. Although I never saw one like this with all the 3 carb cars I had,it makes sense.

bob

Kevin Parkinson 20216

My 67 and 68 both have the tank just as you described.

robert p millian

Keven

Sounds like what I have,kinda like a coffee can with ribbs around it.

thanks for the help, now if I can sell it,Ill be happy.

bob

JIM CLC # 15000

06-07-05
ROBERT (RPM), dont want to burst your bubble, just compare the vacuum-can that you have with a "grape-fluit-can". I think they are the same.
I removed a Gallon-Size from a Cadillac in a junk-yard and installed it under the drivers-side fender on my 38 and "T" it in with the line for the wipers. Havent had a chance to use it yet, but it should make the wipers continue to operate on a hard pull.
Good Luck, Jim

JIM CLC # 15000

06-07-05
R.P.M., more good news, go to "Steve Strickland"s post of pictures of his 67, it has a vacuum canister. ( posted 06-07-05 @ 1059PM )
Good Luck, Jim