News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where do I find radio repair specs for 1962 car?

Started by Sam, June 05, 2005, 12:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Hello,

The radio in my 1962 CDV has never worked since I bought it. A friend of mine who restores 50s jukeboxes offered to fix it for me. He said that hell need a manual with all the specs for the tubes/etc that are used. Is this something that is detailed in the shop manual? I know I need to get one regardless, but if the radio information is in another manual Id just as soon order it at the same time.

Thanks,

Sam Fuller
1962 CDV 39k original miles

Mike #19861

Radio specifications can be found in the Delco Radio manual. They are uncommon, but if you get in touch with a vendor for original promotional materials and manuals, he may be able to help you locate one.

Mike

Lynn 10923

I have sometimes seen these Delco radio manuals on ebay.

Radio schematics can also be found in Sams Photofacts books. (No pun intended on your name.) You will need to know the model number of your radio. I dont know where to suggest finding these on a national level. In my area here we have a store that carries all kinds of old surplus electronic parts, equipment, and books. I found mine there. They might do phone order business, I dont know. I can post their number if you like. You might also try a public library. Ours has quite a bit of these and other references for old radio schematics, but ours is also fairly large.

Lynn

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Contact Delco Electronics in Kokomo, Indiana.  It might now be one of the Delphi divisions.  I was in Kokomo on business in the late eighties and was able to go in their technical library to get information for my 71 Eldorados radio.  They might copy the information you need for a fee.  

Doug Houston

Sent scans of the Delco booklet on that set yesterday. Did they get there?

Sam Fuller

Doug,

They were just what we needed. Thanks so much for sending them!

--Sam in Denver

Sam Fuller

Thanks to the folks on this board, the radio is now back in my car and working perfectly. I really appreciate the help. My radio had two bad capacitors and a couple of bad fuses. Turns out it had been repaired before. There was a repair sticker on it from a shop in PA dated 1973.

When my friend who repaired the radio returned it to me, he mentioned that the radio has an auxilary input on it. (An RCA jack on the bottom of the radio.) He said it could be used for a phonograph or possibly an outboard FM tuner. Did Cadillac offer an option that would have used this input, or was it just included in case the future owner wanted to add additional capabilities to his/her radio?

Sam in Denver
1962 C.D.V. 39k miles

Dave Miller

Contact Viator listed below under Eldo wheel balance