News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 Glove box lock/latch

Started by Paul Flykt CLC # 18899, June 08, 2005, 10:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Flykt CLC # 18899

The threads on the bezel and latch body for my 57s glove box are shot. It fell apart tonite when I opened the door. What range of years fit?

Thanks for any help
Paul

JIM CLC # 15000

06-08-05
PAUL, if you cant find a replacement real easy, try a little J.B. weld or some other two-part epoxey on it. I have found that a part like that will have enough threads to install the nut tight enough to hold while the glue sets-up and you dont have to take it to a lock-smith to have it re-keyed. Just put the epoxey on the threads, after puttening the lock thru the hole in the door, then install the nut, let set over-night. It wont come-off easy but I cant think of a reason you would want to remove it.
Good Luck, Jim