News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Petronix Q & A

Started by Crin, June 09, 2005, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crin

Hi All,
Just a quick question about a Petronix conversion.
I was told by the local parts place that I have to know whether my distributor on my 1972 SDV came with or without a lobe positioning sensor.  The Petronix unit is available for both with and without this lobe positioning sensor but I havent a clue how to determine whether my distributor has it or not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Crin

Porter 21919

Crin,

I would contact Petronix if I were you and get their expertise to answer your question. If you want to keep your engine looking stock I understand why you choose to use their product.

I like breaker points and will keep my points in my 66/67 CDVs, it is a nostalgia thing. My 66 Vette still had the points and was faster than a bat out of h*ll.

If you want maximum performance just swap the distributor for an HEI unit.

Porter