News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

331 Freeze Plug Installation Revisited

Started by Paul W Allen, June 16, 2005, 01:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul W Allen

Just a quick note to say that the installation was sucessful and pretty easy. (thanks Bruce) I just used a cold chisel to make the hole bigger and pryed it right out. It turns out that the old ones were the the correct disk type after all. There was some crud built up behind the plug, but not much. Cleaned it out, wire brushed the opening, applied some sealer and gave it the old one tap (or two). Filled it up with coolent- No Leaks! Another job well done with the help of this great forum. Thanks.

Paul
53 Coupe
Dynaflow

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

Congratulations, Paul.  That makes me feel a little better since I am sure that is a job I will have to do on the 56.  Not to mention the 77 Eldorado.  But I have had it checked and have been told it looks fine.