News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

DISTRIBUTOR GREASE CAP

Started by DICK #20229, June 16, 2005, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DICK #20229

I have a 1942 Series 75 limo that I was told today is missing a grease cap under the distributor head and on the shaft that provides lubrication to said same distributor. He thinks this was the source of an oil leak that showed up on my drip pan. I am not sure if that is possible but would like to locate a person or company that can sell me what I need here.This cap is supposed to be able to push grease into the shaft with a turn or two. Can anyone steer me to a fix for this.
Thanks to all of you for your great help in all these matters.

Dick Mussatti

You can reply directly to me at Dmussatti1@comcast.net or: 815 254 2288 this could forward to my voice mail.

Don Boshara CLC 3#594

What you are looking for is a stamped steel grease cup. They are available from Restoration Supply Co. 800-306-7008. They are available in various sizes but my engine is out being rebuilt and wont be back until July so I cant give you a size. You need to know the diameter and the thread size. Possibly some other member can give you that info.

DICK #20229

Thank you very much for your response,we will have it taken out and go from there.

THANKS AGAIN!

Dick