News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Tim, not enough clues

Started by JIM CLC # 15000, June 18, 2005, 01:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM CLC # 15000

06-17-05
Tim, the rock in the June issue of the SS that supposely a person can see a 60 Cadillac, the(this) reader(s) needs more clues. To me it is just another rock, maybe a "passion-stone".

Some more clues are needed, what part of the car shows-up?
Good Luck, Jim

Lynn 10923

The tailfin. It does take a little imagination and looking at it for a while. I also thought there could have been more explanation.

Lynn

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

The answer is: it is the rear of the car with the left tail fin tailight to the upper right, bumper lights to the lower right,
from a perspective view the windshield appears to be to the middle slightly left. Perhaps we will publish an outline of a 1960 superimposed over the rock.....I thought the photo was pretty good. In person the contours jump right out.  But then again I see Cadillacs in my sleep...usually with Dagmars (bumper bullets).  

Doug Houston

Its comforting to know that I wasnt the only one failing to recognize a resemblance to anything in that rock. While I do have a vivid imagination, I couldnt stretch mine enough to see anything in the shape.

I didnt want to  go so far as to suggest dropping a net over Tim, but.....

Tim Pawl CCL#4383

Ive been accused of having Cadillacs on the brain and rocks in my head,  but I dont think that it requires a net, Ill come quietly.......I cant understand why the non-believers cant see the Cadillac in the rock.  On the otherhand its good to know that people are reading the articles in the Self Starter...or maybe youre just looking at the pictures.  To all those who can and have seen the Cadillac in the rock, sorry it is not for sale, and its exact location will be kept secret so that its natural setting is undisturbed.   By the way, "Cadillacs Rock!" and "Been a long time since we Rock n Rolled" (Cadillacs advertising theme song) were alternative titles for the article.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Tim,

I finally got my copy of the June SS, and I can see the car in the rock, but, I believe the protrusion is actually the rear vision mirror.

I have sent you a photo.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV