News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

serial number

Started by Diane, June 22, 2005, 09:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

Just bought a 1939 Lasalle,model 5019.  We are unable to find the
serial number.  Can any one help.
Thanks

Bill Sullivan

Diane:

The frame S/N is on the upward facing part of the frame, on the left side of the car, near the steering gearbox.  It is very dark and usually greasy down here, so these numbers need some scraping and searching to find.  They are large and cut pretty deeply, though, so keep looking, you will find them eventually.

There is also a S/N on the engine, which I believe in 1939 will match the frame number if the original engine is installed.  This number is on the horizontal part of the block that the bell housing attaches to, on the left rear of the engine.  Look below where the distributor shaft goes into the block.  These engine numbers are not very large and rather faint. You will need a wire brush, a flashlight and a good eye to find the engine number.

FRED ZWICKER

I have a 1939 LaSalle Convertible Coupe. If you remove the left side (drivers side) panel under the hood (loosen the 2 screws, pull top of side panel towards you and lift up), then look carefully at the top of the frame between the left front fender and motor, there is a serial number stamped into the frame. Sand the top of the frame and it should show up.  Mine was easily located, as had to prove the correct number when transferring title from Missouri to Ohio.

Fred Zwicker
CLC # 23106