News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

49 Cadillac Oil Filter Canister Installation

Started by Doug Lansing, June 23, 2005, 02:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Lansing

Id appreciate knowing the proper size metal tubing to use when I install an oil filter canister on my 49 Cadillac.  Anyone have experience with this or know the specifications?  Thanks.  DL

Jeff Maltby 4194

Hi Doug. The 49 oil cannister uses 3/16 feed and return lines. I can snap you a few digital pictures of these, as they have coils on both lines as per oem.

Email me direct

jeff 49 fastback

Doug Lansing 21659

Jeff:  Many thanks for your response.  That specific info is just what I needed.  Im particularly interested in your offer about the coils.  Several weeks ago at a show I saw a perfectly restored Cad with the oil filter, lines and coils, but failed to make proper notes/drawings of the coils.  Your offer of the photo is greatly appreciated.  I have a fine original 49 that has low mileage and was beautifully maintained.  I want to add the filter and do it properly.  Your coil advice will be invaluable.  Doug Lansing

Jeff Maltby Clc 4194

Ill have pictures of the oem oil lines tommorrow, to send to you.

Id suggest that I send them to Classic Tubes to have them reproduced for you also.

:<)

Doug Lansing 21659

Jeff:  The photos were excellent and are much appreciated.  DL

Mark V

Can you forward me those pics... Where can I get a canister?? Spent hours trying to find my filter canister only to find it does not have one 49(60S)  Thx

Jeff Maltby 4194

Mark. Click on my name and email me direct. I believe I have an oem filter with correct lines.

Jeff 49er chapter :<)