News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carter Carb. rebuild kit (56 Coupe)?

Started by Brent Bliven, June 24, 2005, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Bliven

Hello,

Im looking for a rebuild kit for my Carter Carburetor that is out of a 1956 62 Hardtop (single carb, not double carb configuration).  I cant find a number stamped into the mounting area, as I had expected, but there is a metal flange affixed to the top, via a screw, that says 2333SA.

This looks to me like a Carter carb number, but I would appreciate any advice out there on where to locate the correct number.

Thanks in advance,
Brent

Doug Houston

There were two Carter carburetors for the single carb models; one for Air conditioner models and another for non-air. There were also other models for the twin carb jobs.

Since you know that your carbuiretor is Carter, the tag number is the Carter model number. The Cadillac number wont help in locating a kit. The tag number will. The Carter model should be cast into the bowl of the carburetor as WCFB, as I recall.

Its not a bad carburetor to rebuild.

JIM CLC # 15000

06-24-05
Brent, try...www.thecarburetorshop.com...
The site makes for Good Reading, but I feel they can fix you-up with a kit.
Good Luck, Jim

Brent Bliven

Many thanks for the replies!  Located the correct kit and have the carb soaking as I write this...

Brent