News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

77 Brakes question

Started by Sid Bartos, June 26, 2005, 05:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid Bartos

Hi i have a question about the brakes on my 77 cdv..
the other day i noticed that when i pressed the brake pedal it made a noise like an air leak or (sshhhh) then more recently its becoming harder to stop and i still hear the noise. it started doing this the day i got it back from the the garage with a problem that was started when they didnt install hoses with a new fuel pump correctly. maybe something happened when they were looking for the problem? does anyone know what this can be?

thanks, sid

Tod - North TX CLC

Sid -

Sounds like it is in the power booster.  Check under the hood, and make sure that the vacuum line from the booster to the carb/intake is in good shape and properly attached.  Without full vacuum, you will get a hard pedal.

If the vacuum source is good, it may be that the booster has gone bad.