News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

6 volt auxillary electric fans?

Started by Dave Leger CLC#19256, June 27, 2005, 10:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Leger CLC#19256

Hi Folks,

I recall mention in an copy of the Self Starter earlier this year that someone was going to be producing 6 volt auxillary fans again.  Does anyone have contact information on the company producing these?  Having watched a few cars overheat in recent parades, I am trying to be proactive, before my 1947 6207 starts making public appearances.

Dave

Ralph Hoyt

Did you ever find a company that produces the 6 volt fan

Ivan Zanatta

If you cant find a 6 volt fan, try 2 small 12v fans in series.
 This  trick works with some 6 volt equipment. (horns, ETc.)
Ivan

Ivan Zanatta

OOps! disregard my last message, I was typing faster than I was thinking. I have just finished a 6 to 12 volt conversion and this trick will notr work in your case!
Sorry!

David Leger CLC #19256

Hi Ralph - no, no one has dropped me a note, and I havent run across a supplier yet.  Ive been busy with winterizing the house, so to be honest, havent done any hunting lately for one.

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Ralph - I did another wbe search tonight, and there is now a supplier who came up (primary application Chevrolet, but hey, a fans a fan).  They have 14 fans in pusher or puller styles.  Check out http://www.macsradiator.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=69 TARGET=_blank>http://www.macsradiator.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=69

Frank 21888

Two resistors in parallel reduce the voltage, not in series.

jack oconnor clc 18960

There is a six volt fan on the market. Scott fans have what you are looking for. The have a webb site. Get the largest fan that will fit. It will work well for parades. I have used there fan for a few years without any problems. My engine drivin fan has been removed. Good luck -   jack