News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1953 Gas Gauge and Speedometer

Started by Jim Black #21089, June 27, 2005, 10:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Black #21089

1.)Can anyone tell me a simple way to find out if the gauge or the sending unit is bad? My gauge will move to sighlty more than the Empty mark when I turn on the ignition. The wires are connected correctly on the back of the gauge. 2.)The speedometer cable was broken when I purchased the car. I bought a new one and installed it and it worked for about 11 miles. Is there any way to lubricate the speedometer without pulling it out? Sorry about all of the questions, just need some help, Thanks, Jim Black

JIM CLC # 15000

06-27-05
JIM, sorry, but you will have to pull the speedo and take apart to lube the internal gears. I suggest cleaning it of old grease and re-lube useing White-Lube.
As for the fuel gage, I dont have a clue how it is done, but there are trouble-shooting steps to isolate the problum.
Good Luck, Jim
P.S. someone will post the TS procedes.