News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Caddy - Cobalt Blue

Started by Jim D, July 05, 2005, 09:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim D

I just bought a 1956 Caddy and am going to have it repainted. I am thinking of cobalt blue with a white top. I want to make sure the blue isnt too dark. Any idea where I could find a photo of a 50s cobalt blue caddy?

Jim

Doug Houston

I cant help with pictures, but my recollection of cobalt blue is a rather rich, dark blue, and I believe, metallic. Id guess that it could go very good with Alpine white of that year.

A note here on the whites. My first 56 was Alpine white, an Eldorado color, and its a warm white. My present 56 is Canyon Gray, also an off-white, but with a green component. I would expect it to look sort of poor with a blue.

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

My 1956 is Tahoe Blue with Cavern White...the greenish tint looks good with the light blue-green.  I found Alpine White too bright.  But with a black and white interior, Alpine would be gorgious.

From what I remember, Cobalt Blue is pretty dark.

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi, If Cobalt Blue is the one used to illustrate the Eldo in the sales catalog, try "Pet" Peters in Ft. Wayne, IN. His son painted his Eldo better than GM ever could have. The paint is absolutely flawless, and Im sure would be glad to share a photo. His # can be obtained from your Cadillac LaSalle Club Directory.