News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Car Stories

Started by Ryan Knight, July 07, 2005, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Knight

Hello All,

I am producing a documentary feature for PBS titled, "My First Car". It is a collection of stories about peoples first car experiences in the period from 1905-1930. Unfortunetly, we do not yet have enough personal accounts to move on with the program.

Is there anyone in your organization who recieved their first car in that period or (more likely) can remember their familys first car or could help me find people that do? Any help that you could give me would be much appreciated.

The dates arent totaly strict. The phenomenon of owning your first car has changed amazingly little in the history of automobiles.

I want to teach people about what it tasted like to buy your first car when cars were, perhaps not a novelty, but at least brave and new.  We need stories that illustrate this feeling, however it manifested itself.

Thank you,
Ryan Knight
Varied Directions
rk002003@pomona.edu