News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 series 62

Started by alan breslow, July 08, 2005, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

215 inches.

Nice looking car ...as sedans go !

alan breslow

Thanks Yann!  The seller is asking $16,000. I am concerned that if the car has had all of this work, is this too low an asking price? It does look nice and we do miss our 47 Series 62 4 door. Thanks again for the reply!  Alan

Jim Govoni

It is a nice looking car. Many of the parts redone are not to spec. The trunk for example. The brown dash concerns me, I dont know for sure but I would imagine it would be a different color on a black car. All the 50s I have seen in that color scheme only on beige/brown cars. I wonder if the exterior was another color before the black repaint? The chrome looks really nice! The engine is the wrong color blue though. Just my opinion but I think its on the high side of price considering. Whats the true mileage? How many owners? It is a car worth inspecting prior to bid/sale. Jim

Alan Breslow

I just spoke with the owners. The car was done about 5 years ago. It was taken down to bare metal and done nice. All chrome was plated and stainless buffed before putting it back on. The black is the original color. I need 50 owners to email or post with advice. thank, Alan

alklb@alklb.com

Russ Hobden #1235

My car is a 50 series 61 that was factory black and had the same color dash as this one, but I think the owner of this one overdid it with the metalic effect.  I didnt examine the photos very closely but was wondering why he spent so much time making the trunk so fancy but dint replace the gas pedal; its nearly smooth from use.  My car had over 250,000 miles on it and the pedal wasnt worn nearly that bad.  Also, note that there is no pad on the brake pedal.  He probably had a good reason for not attending to these items but makes me wonder what other things were left undone.  

Overall, I think the car looks very nice.  Russ Hobden #1235