News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Driveway carpet!

Started by Rhino 21150, July 10, 2005, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

Today I did one of my favorite things for a Sunday. Dumpster diving! No, I dont actually climb in, usually just pull out boxes or obvious good stuff. I do have a retriever tool, a piece of wood with several hooks. I got a wooden tool box (new!)several months ago. Today I went behind the carpet store and got a piece of ugly rug. Its almost twenty feet long and five feet wide.
I pulled the La Salle over it and marked where the wheels are. Then I moved the car and cut the carpet so I could just slide it under the car.
Dropped parts dont roll. I dont get as dirty as lying in spills. The light color is not driveway black, the same color as all used parts. No flashlights, no magnets, no lost stuff. The carpet comes clean with "carpet cleaner"! Well, clean enough. Happy camper!