News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Two dash wiring questions for 1962

Started by Sam in Denver, July 14, 2005, 01:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam in Denver

Hello,

I just pulled the radio out of my car this evening to have it repaired. When I pulled the dash cap off, I noticed that the wiring for the Autronic eye was not connected. I spent a fair amount of time looking around, but could not find the connector under the dash where it is supposed to plug in. This probably explains why it doesnt work...  Could anyone point me in the right direction? It is the single connector (an unusual looking one)with three different metal contacts.

Also, I noticed that there was a mystery wire coming off the headlight switch. This one was a grey wire with a single-blade (for lack of a better term) connector. Again, I couldnt find anything behind the cluster that looked like it might plug into.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Sam in Denver
1962 C.D.V 39k original miles

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

Hi Sam,
   The autronic Eye wire connects over to the left, near or behind the headlight switch. The feed wire sould be clipped to one of the main dash support brackets that come out of the cowl. If it has fallen down into the bottomless pit of wires, remove the left kick panel, and trace it upward from the control box.
   I believe your mystery wire is the power feed connector for foglights, and will be used only if that option is on your car.

Jim