News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 starter solenoid wiring

Started by leo fabian CLC #5365, July 11, 2005, 02:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo fabian CLC #5365

im rewirirg my car(and dont know much about wiring)and need to know what wires connect to the small post on the starter solenoid? i have a wiring diagram but dont understand the wiring in this area. i dont want to burn something up.
 does the positive side of the amp meter go to the smaller post on the solenoid or the larger one like the battery cable?
 does the 10 gauge wire from the volt. regulator battery terminal go to the smaller post on the solenoid or the larger one like the battery cable?
 also, the wiring chart shows a 16 gauge wire from the volt. regulator generator terminal to the neutral switch, via a starter relay. i dont have a starter relay, would my car be wired different?
 this is probably basic stuff but can someone clue me in!
 all help will be greatly appreciated! thanks  leo

Robert Meyers

Greetings:

Wire from ammeter goes to the large post on starter along with battery cable.

You do have a starter relay, part of the starter itself. 2 small
connecting posts. One makes its way to starter button on dash through safety neutral switch. Other makes its way to voltage
regualtor (A)rmature connection. This prevents starter from
operating while engine running.

Best of luck, take care!

Robert