News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

wiper motor for 61 deville

Started by James Roraback, July 17, 2005, 07:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Roraback

Hey, does anyone know what year wiper motors will interchange with a 61 deville 6 window sedan? I havent had much luck searching on-line salvage yards as Ive come up with mainly 1962 motors and they say theyre 2 speed. But the switch on my dash has 3 speeds. Anyways, if someone knows which years interchange or even have a spare one laying around, Id appreciate the help. Heck, if there is a new/reman unit available that Im not aware of, I might be interested in that as well. Im just done fiddling with mine and trying to get it to work.

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

1962 wiper motors identical. In fact, I think 59 to 62 are about the same as well. The switch is what determines the speed, not the motor. Get that 62 motor, bolt it in and hook it up, and you are good to go.
Years ago, I bought a rebuilt motor from Advance Auto Parts. They, too, said it was a 2-speed, but it worked fine at all 3 speeds. Later, I swapped it out for one that had not been painted incorrectly, and kept it as a spare. If you cant find anything, contact me and Ill dig through the parts shed.

Jim

James Roraback

Thats what I needed to know. Ive got one located and itll be on its way soon.