News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1928 Cadillac pickup

Started by trader, July 22, 2005, 10:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trader

Greetings, about 25 years ago I was negotiating with an old timer over a 1928 Cadillac pickup truck, he might sell.  I made several attempts to view the vehicle, as it was in a barn out at the farm, which he had rented out.  In short order he took ill and died, and his heirs had no immediate intentions to dispose of his estate.  I recently learned the estate is to be auctioned off tomorrow, and today went and finally looked at the vehicle.  At the time I was initially involved, the gentleman told me that these trucks were factory built, for the dealers only, as delivery vehicles.  Seems I was able to confirm this at that time, through some research.  Now with all the information of the internet, I am having dificulty finding additional information.  The serial number on the vehicle is 104847 on the tag on the firewall and matches the number on the motor. My research indicates this to be a 1925 model chassis.  The front fenders more likely resemble a 1929 - 1931 model with dual side mounts.  The hood more closely resembles a 1931 model also.  The front fenders are flawless, as is the hood, and the rear fenders are fair. The body is partially dissassembled and parts piled in the bed and in the cab, and on pallets.  The A pillars, doors, and top are also removed and piled in the bed with the headlights and bar (also ressemble 29 - 31). Has artillery wooden wheels (nice shape) Cowling and pillars are aluminum, not sure about rest of cab.  The vehicle ressembles the picture on yanns site but is not crew cab or extended cab (two door) but same bed with hand rails (no winch though).  Is there any authenticity to these early pickups?  I am also curious as to any interest groups, rarity and valuations on the open market.  thanks, trader...  link   http://www.car-nection.com/yann/DBas_drm/27SVCTRK.JPG TARGET=_blank>http://www.car-nection.com/yann/DBas_drm/27SVCTRK.JPG

Yann Saunders, CLC#12588

Im guessing that the photo on my site depicts a conversion done either at the factory or at its request.

The definitive La Salle story has been told in great detail by Matt Larson and Ron Van Gelderen <<La Salle - Cadillacs Companion Car>>. So far as I know (I dont have the book handy) there was NO official production of this type of vehicle.