News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How bout creating the worst one?

Started by Dave MacGregor #18998, July 31, 2005, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave MacGregor #18998

O.K. to be a little controversial and fun for later 70 and later ones, what would you think would be the worst Hell Dorado?

I would say the 73 grill and its unaltered turn signal/cornering lights on a 75 or newer body with the rectangular lights, then on that body use the 74 quarters and 73 scoops, 77-78 tailight style somehow designed with the 71 bumper and rear, square rear marker lights on the 74 quarter, 78 Biarritz classic trim with its brown/beige exterior tu-tone paint scheme as is, 73 and older interior door panels, loop carpeting, and the big analog clock of the earier Eldos stuck on the 74-78 dash down lower in the wood trim area somehow closer to the crest and scrip, or perhaps in place of it.  Upholstery would be the 75 Coupes cloth houndstooth pattern in BW.

Mind you, I do like most all of those features of the Eldorados of that time period, but NOT all on the same car.  My idea is to try to place the wrong combination of them together.  Just having some fun now.

BTW, I agree with you.  It really is too bad that Cadillac didnt make a black/silver two tone like the brown/beige one they did.  Would look nice with that light gray interior they had.  Would look stunning on a convertible with matching top.

Dave Smith #17592

Hmmm,  you almost could do most of that.    

How about this..

Start with a 72 Eldorado Hardtop with Cabriolet roof and sunroof.
Paint the car beige with Beige vinyl top, and then tu-tone the hood and roof front like the 78 Classic Biarritz.

Put on the nose of a 73 Eldorado.  Add the "E L D O R A D O" block letters on the hood from a 77/78.

switch the lower bumper sections from a 75 for the horizontal turnsignals.  (I have seen this done already).  Cover the headlamps with those really tacky, huge round "SuperFly" type covers.   A repro 1941 Goddess hood ornament of course.

The rear side markers should be round 73 style on one side,  77/78 rectangular style on the other side.

Rear bumper from a 77/78.  But use the 74/76 horizontal lights also. (I have seen this done too)

Oh,  Gold 1974 Talisman crushed velour seats for that 4-passenger look with front and rear center consoles.

OK  now who wants to build it with me?
Ill need a partner with a welding torch and a partner with deep pockets.  He he he.

Dave Smith #17592

Ah!   I almost forgot about this car.  Back in High School, one of the secretarys had a triple black 74 Eldo Cabriolet with power sunroof.   A stunning car.  Everyone in town new this car as it had her vanity plates on it too.

Several years later Im driving by the schools parking lot and what do I see?   A dark Blue 74 Eldo coupe with the same plates.  Being in a hurry, I grabbed my camera from the glovebox and snapped a quick pic.    After I developed the photos, I then realized that she didnt buy another 74, but this was her original one!    The car must have been very rusty, so they cut out the rear quarters and replaced them with newer 75-78 types.  They also pulled off the half vinyl top but left the chrome cross over molding.   They also removed the bodyside moldings and rocker moldings too.    The result was....ah, different.

As much as I think the 75-78 Eldorados look better without skirts, the 71-74s look better with them.    

See the link for a the pic I took.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/147328844/409540234dYezFB# TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/photo/147328844/409540234dYezFB#

David

Dave MacGregor #18998

The car looks a bit confused in its identity.  Poor car needs help in rediscovering itself.

Dave MacGregor #18998

Maybe we should update the car somewhat to todays look like a "ricer"

Basically get a convertible Eldo, preferably a 73 with the skirts, paint it neon green with black and silver highlights, black leather seats with neon green vinyl inserts, neon green carpet, paint the dash to match the black and green, use graphite trim where all wood inserts are, lower the car, add 21 inch wheels with spinners and low profile tires, neon under carriage lighting, big coffee can muffler, a few racing decals, remove the hood ornament, shave the door handles and remover all extraneous chrome trim, paint the bumpers to match the paint, a digital stereo CD with the hideaway face plate, black convertible top, neon parade boots,  chain steering wheel, add a big wing over the rear deck, ground effects kit, one piece customized composite HID headlights, and eurostyle rear fin tailights with clear lenses and red and amber brake/turn signal inner lenses and bulbs.

Finally, for the extra effect, find a way to tune the exhaust so that it sounds like a big buzzy hyperactive mosquito on steroids.

Sorry, but now I think Im gonna get sick now for even thinking that one up.

Haha!

Dave Smith #17592

Dave MacGregor #18998

I couldnt get the link to work right as it wanted me to sign up, BUT on the Webshots site I did do an advanced search for "75 Eldorado" and of course like most search engines it wasnt perfect.  The results were amazing though.  It did turn up Eldorados, but mostly 70s ones from different people that I hate to say it, make some of the worst Hell Dorados on your page seem tame and nicely designed and with a touch of class!!!

If you click on the link below and it works, youll see what I mean.

http://community.webshots.com/album/91243111JjxhUl TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/album/91243111JjxhUl

I actually cant stop laughing so much I actually hurt right now.

Hope the link works.

I think weve both been far outdone with creating the worst Eldorados.  The epitome of defining "tasteless."  Hahaha

Sorry, but I cant stop laughing to think that these cars actually exist.  WOW!

Later!  Hahaha

Dave MacGregor #18998

Found it!  Duh!  All I had to do was go back to your web page.  Hey, I just got off from a long day and night at work so Ill admit Im not that sharp right now.

Talk to you later!

Dave