News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Whos going to the Grand National?

Started by Jeff Hansen, #4225, July 31, 2005, 03:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Anybody going to the Grand National in Des Moines this week?  If so, would anyone be interested in a gathering of Forum participants for the official purpose of shooting the breeze?

To get things going, Ill be there starting Wednesday afternoon.

Jeff

Steve Crum- former 20999

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

I had planned to, Jeff but had to stay close to home for a whole series of neurological tests etc.. plus it was a bit on the high side of pricey for me.
I really want to go next year.  Hopefully in my 1977 Eldorado!

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi Jeff, I am shepherding Kent Shisler in his 1950 CDV. He doesnt like to push it, so we are staying overnite in Davenport in a B&B overlooking the Mighty Miss. Should arrive about when you do or a little earlier. Is your neighbor coming?

Tommy D.

Bob Schuman, CLC#254

The St.Louis Region will be represented by at least five of us. Its my first time since the 1997 GN in Lincolnshire, IL.
Bob Schuman

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Barry,

I dont believe Rob is coming although I have not spoken to him recently to confirm this.

Last I spoke with him, he was fully immersed in his business and will not likely be able to pull away.  I owe him a phone call so Ill find out for sure.

Jeff

mike baillargeon #15848

Im flying in from Connecticut on Friday, hopefully there will be more New England members there also.

Boy, every year I look forward to seeing the most beautiful cars ever built in another part of this wonderful country!!

How does the weather look for the week-end in Des Moines??

mike b in ct

Barry Wheeler #2189

I checked the weather channels site and as of Sunday, there was ZERO chance of rain for Sat, with hot weather and partly cloudy skies in between.
The location is chosen in a windshield wiper effect. We have a meet on the East coast, then the West, and then the Mid-West. Also, regions bid for hosting the meet, and then must be approved by the CLC Board. It takes from 3-4 years to plan and organize, so an event of this scope doesnt "just happen."

Tim Coy #11513

My wife, son, nephew an I are leaving the Denver area tonight and trailering my low-mile 1963 Sedan de Ville.

Will stop in the center of Nebraska on the way to test-drive a late-model Eldorado at a Cadillac dealer. Too scared to buy a car on eBay -- I might pay a bit more but I think the comfort level is better, especially getting to drive the car before purchase.