News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1942 Fender Skirts

Started by Tod - North TX CLC, August 01, 2005, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tod - North TX CLC

I know we have discussed this before (I was the one who asked), but I cannot seem to locate the excellent answers that I received.

I am trying to replace the fender skirts on my 1942 Series 67.  I purchased a set of 1947 skirts that are too short.

I need to know what model years and series have skirts that are interchangeable with the 1942 Series 67.  I seem to recall that any 1942 model except the 75 and 60 Special will fit, but would like to confirm.

As always, I appreciate the assistance -

Barry Wheeler #2189

I happened to be able to check my Master Parts Book and found that ONLY 1942 Series 61,63, & 67 will interchange. Good luck. And Id hold on to the ones you have. If they are the same up and down on the measurements, you might be able to have them spliced in the middle and add the necessary length. Or....This might be cheaper and quicker in the long run: Find a set of 1946-47 Series 61 fenders and use the skirts you have. (If they are for Series 61 and not 62/60S.) The 61 fenders will bolt right up and the spear should interchange. Remember, nothing from a Series 62/60S will fit your Series 67. Only 61,63,67. You might see if Crank N Hope has reprinted their Master Parts List. Having a copy will save you untold $s and lots of grief.

Tod - North TX CLC

Thanks Barry - I had a line on a set that was on e-bay (first set of skirts for a 1942 that I had ever seen), but I got outbid at the last minute - who is this wunderbeer guy, and why does he keep outbidding me on e-bay??

Anyway, this was this first time that I saw the two retaining tabs on the top of the skirt (the ones I have from a 47 do not have those).

I will keep searching.  There is a skirt reproduction guy here in Texas that might be able to fashion something if I dont find the originals.

Again, many thanks

http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/8c/17/ee_1_b.JPG>

Porter 21919

Tod,

You have to snipe, put in a slightly higher bid with 45 seconds to go. I have dial up, Stampie has DSL and pulls off 6 second snipes.

Porter

Michael Stamps 19507

Stampie has cable modem.  DSL is a Telco modem.  Stampie also works for the Cable company so he feels the need to correct this misinformation.  

Stampie

Porter 21919

Stampie Snipe,

Still waiting for the Guiness record, would that be a one second snipe ?

You can do it.

Tod - North TX CLC

Well, I was sniping - came in 100.00 over the previous bid, with 9 seconds to go.  Wunderbeer got me at 3 seconds to end - DSL

Paul W Allen CLC 20193

He sniped me on a set of NOS Exhaust Ports for my 53, but it cost him dearly! He likes to put in a really high max bid. I took a chance and put in high bid with a few seconds to go. He beat me, but it cost him $585.00 for the pair. A couple of weeks later I got another NOS set for $160.00. Ha!

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Paul,

Love it when it works like that.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV