News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1930 vacuum tank question

Started by mark burnett, August 03, 2005, 03:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark burnett

A question....will this vacuum tank work if the fitting-plug-on top of the tank is loose in the hole...does it need to be air-tight to work?
thanks, mark b

/

P W Allen CLC#20193

Mark,

I would have to say, that yes, it would have to be air tight, or it would suck in air and you would lose the vacuum. Others with more information Im sure will respond, but you have posted in the wrong forum. Repost in the technical forum for better responses.Good Luck.

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine.

Rhino 21150

A tank that leaks is the same as no tank, except the symptoms are more annoying! Is the leak around the threads of the fitting? Or is the leak elsewhere. I am asking so I can recommend an appropriate fix. If its threads, use pipe thread compound from a plumbing house or Home Depot. Solder or braze (brass weld) a crack in the tank.