News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vincennes Red

Started by Bill Hamilton, CLC#16219, August 09, 2005, 08:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Hamilton, CLC#16219

I just found out that the wheels on my 42-7523 are supposed to be Vincennes Red. Anyone have the formula for it or a close match in a more modern color?

Thanks,
Bill Hamilton

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi Bill, There is a Ford engine red-orange that will work quite well for Vincennes Red. You ought to be able to get it a any auto supply store. It would be from the sixties I think.

Bill Hamilton

Thanks Barry, I will check it out.

Bill Hamilton

Doug Houston

The color Ive used on my Cadillacs for Vincennes Red is 1960 Ford Monte Carlo Red. Ill probably see you this Thursday, and I can show you the color chip I used back in the seventies. It has the Dupont color numbers on it, but it would be a miracle if they were still live numbers.

If you want those numbers, call me. My number is in the membership books.