News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bigger tire size for sunroof?

Started by Denise 20352, August 29, 2005, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise 20352

Yeah, I know this isnt the Lincoln forum, but Im just curious...

I ran across a big Lincoln with a tire sticker that says the tire size is K78-15 without sunroof and L78-15 with sunroof.  What in the world would the sunroof have to do with the tire size?  Do they have to beef up the structure to support the roof, like a convertible?

-densie

Michael Stamps 19507

I would think it was more of a sport type package thing.  Get the sunroof package and you get larger tires for handling.  A stab but my 2 cents.

Stampie

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Nah, the reason for the bigger tyres is so that owners dont attempt to try and put the tyres through the sunroof as the trunks are too small to carry a lot of luggage.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Dave #17592

Ah!  Very True!

Lincoln DID have a "touring package" that included bigger tires, dual exhaust and..  yes a power sunroof!!   This was around the mid nineties.     I used to ask my customers a similar question when trying to determine if their Mercury Sable had the EATC radio/climate package.  When they said "whats an EATC?"   I then asked if they had a power moonroof, because only the  "LS" models could get the moonroof and the EATC climate system was standard on them.  So it is a trick question to get the answer you want.   But Im sure you could order a Power moonroof on a Lincoln without that "Touring package", so to assume that everyone with a sunroof needs the larger wheels is incorrect.  Well, we all know what happens when one "ASSumes" things!   :)

David

Denise

They have a package now that includes 18" rims, for people who want their new Town Car to ride like a tractor.

-densie

Dick Heller

What is the size of a 76 Fleetwood Brougham Moonroof, it has to be larger than my SUVs attic trap door?

Dick