News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dont inhale refrigerant

Started by Denise 20352, August 31, 2005, 01:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise 20352

Yeah, we all know that, but it can happen by accident.  And what happens if you do inhale it?

Yesterday I was staring at the sight glass in the VIR on my 76, which basically involves putting your head near the fender.  I had my gauges on top of the fender, and the line was loose on one of them.  I was so busy looking at the sight glass and glancing back at the gauges that I wasnt really paying attention, and I inhaled a small amount over several minutes.  I turned around and walked away from the car, and suddenly I was doubled over in pain.  I felt like my insides were about to explode out of both ends.  I got inside the house and my voice would barely come out.  I managed to ask Tony to feed my dog before I collapsed into a recliner, and it was a couple of hours before I could breathe normally.

Im OK today, but, nasty stuff.  Dont inhale it.

-densie