News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New Orleans...

Started by Yann Saunders, 12588, September 03, 2005, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, 12588

Accommodating families in football stadiums? That should be an extremely SHORT-TERM, emergency measure (3-4 days at most). On the media (CNN) theyre talking of keeping the domes filled until THE END OF THE YEAR!  You want rioting, rape and random killings? ...Way to go !

Where is the military? In Iraq, Afghanistan?  They have the capacity, the equipment and the know-how to put up in under 24 hours entire residential "camps" (tents, field kitchens, toilets, schools, hospitals) that could temporarily house THOUSANDS of homeless under far more "humane" conditions.  

This is a DIRE SITUATION requiring some EXTREME measures! Why doesnt the government requisition (i.e. take over, whether you like it or not) hotel rooms, camp sites, trailers, campers, motorhomes, empty homes, apartments, empty rooms in private homes.

Gita and I have the capacity to accommodate a family of four or five in far greater comfort and conditions of hygiene than any super-dome. But were in S. Carolina.  Couldnt the Government, again, build up a roster of such "temporary accommodations" and help transport to a new location entire families who are willing to "start over" with a little help from you and me?

Looting?  If its food and drink to keep a family alive, let them have it.  If its anything else, let them have it too ...WITH BOTH BARRELS.

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hi Yann and all,
Heres a site thats supposed to have people on here offering room in thier homes, http://www.craigslist.com/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.craigslist.com/ I just went to main page, I didnt search site. I heard on the news last night a lady in Massachusetts or New Hampshire listed room for 5-6 people in her home on this site.

I see what you mean though, in other countries that had disasters relief, food, medicine and shelter and right thier. I can imaging its hard to cope with personal loses when you have nothing to accupy your mind with nothing but your loses and worrying about losing your cot if you go for a walk, it must be like your in jail, nothing to do to take your mind off stuff, just wait and wait, for what or how long no one knows.

I saw on tv a grocery store roof top parking lot had a 77-79 Cadillac on it, it was a sky view so I couldnt tell exact year.

Eric :)

Denise 20352

For that matter, why dont they just open up a closed military base for them?

-denise

denise

Do they get an opportunity to screen their guests, or is it pot luck?

-denise

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hi,
I guess you can screen them on your own, the service forwards your thier contact info if they answer your ad and the rest is up to you,
Eric :)