News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ive seen similar happen.

Started by Jim Snell, September 03, 2005, 06:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Snell

Howdy,
Way back in 1980, my buddys 1967 Eldorado dropped a rod through the pan. (Also a 60,000 actual mile, original paint, and like new auto) He had started the car and it was idling in the driveway.... Went: Tick tick tick, knock, knock, Kapow! We were amazed, and after we tore down the engine, it was a rod cap bolt that fractured after all those years... Go figure..
On liability: One of my friends had a real nice Olds 442. Had it at the local #mart auto center for a tune up, and the mechanic totaled it in the parking lot during a "test drive".... He had a collision with another auto as he was cutting diagonally ascross the lot... "The sun was in his eyes"   The 442 was a total loss, and my buddys own auto insurance paid for the other car also.... Seems there was a disclaimer my buddy signed right there on the work order when he left the car... Just my three cents worth..

denise

No way would I leave my car with #mart, for any reason, any more than I would let a dental clinic work on my teeth.

Yes, I know, cars do break on their own, but if you trust someone with your car, for any reason, you should expect to get it back intact.  I would just feel horrible if someones car were damaged while in my care.  No way would I try to give it back to him that way.

-denise