News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

electric chock conversion

Started by G.Lucas, September 08, 2005, 12:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas

Has anyone installed one of these conversion kits?How well does it work and where does one get one?G.L.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday G.L.

Over here, we just use the brick with a piece of rope tied to it.

Saves getting out of the car to fetch it as you drive off.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV, with a working Chock (parking brake)

Porter 21919

Holley has them.

All you need is a key on source of juice to tap into.

Andrew 10642

I thought it was funny, but I feel guilty about helping to go off topic on the hurricane thread, so perhaps wheel chocks are the same slippery slope!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, I wasnt sure what he was referring to.

Was it converting Electric Clocks, or Electric Chokes.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV, never on a slippery slope, intentionally.

Bill Podany

Porter,

I have used a company that is just great, very reliable, ethical, timely, and reasonably priced.  Contact: The Clock Works, 1745 Meta Lake Rd, Eagle River, Wisconsin 54521.  Contact: Jerry Magayne 715-479-5759.  Check out their web site: http://www.clockwks.com/ TARGET=_blank>www.clockwks.com/ This company can convert your clock to quartz or fix a mechanically driven clock.  Hope this helps you.

Porter 21919

I thought you meant electric choke, appears that you meant electric clock.

Gave Bruce a chance to crack a joke anyway.

Gary Christensen CLC 21112

If you meant choke, then I put one in my 62 and it works great.  It certainly was easier than trying to replace the little tubes into the engine that originally activated the choke.