News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

balance weights on 1959 rims

Started by Fred Garfield 22310, September 09, 2005, 12:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Garfield 22310

My mechanic tells me that my original 59 hubcaps wont fit properly over the lead balance weights used today. Says I need to find the old type that are squared off. Does anybody know anything about this problem and where weight blanks with this profile might be found? Thanks for whatever wisdom you can offer.

JIM CLC # 15000h

00-08-05
FRED, Porter has them.
If he doesnt answer this parts request, ILL give you more info.
Good Luck, Jim

art woody

Just tell him to put the weights on the inside of the wheel, as I did on my 53. A nice red strip of wheel is exposed around my original hubcaps without obstruction or damage to paint, easier to clean too.

Paul VW

You can get them at All Tire Supply (http://www.alltiresupply.com/).  They are called CAX Type wheel weights.  I bought 5 boxes in differrent sizes, and now have a lifetime supply.  Who knows when they will quit making them, since they havent been used on new cars in quite some time.

Fred Garfield

Thankyou all for the info. Much obliged!

Porter 21919

Fred,

The come 25 to the box. I bought .5, 1.0 & 1.5 ounce, only used maybe 15percent of them on 4 wheels.

Cost me about $ 35 for the order.

All tire was the only place I could find that had them.

Porter

Fred Garfield 22310

Thanks, Porter. Lets make a deal.

fred.garfieldemail addresses not permitted