News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 Lasalle Radio

Started by greg chapman, September 10, 2005, 10:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg chapman

To Jim Houston:

I am a CLC member owning a 1939 Lasalle 5027, which has been mostly restored save the original inoperative radio.

Who do you recommend to restore this radio, or can one be procured that has already been restored?

I was reading the forum and your name was recommended as the "guru" of Cadillac Lasalle radios!

Thanks, Greg Chapman

Barry Wheeler #2189

You got the first name wrong. You want Doug Houston, and he will probably ring in on the thread. Do NOT mess with your non-working radio until you can get it to a professional. They are very scarce. You probably wont find someone with one "on the shelf" that has been restored. You are very fortunate, that your car still had one. Also, please, please, please, do not send it to be "converted" to modern inards. The value of your item is in the high three figures if not four as it is, unrepaired. Im sure Doug will expound on this when he rings in.

Doug Houston

Din, ding, Im ringing in!!!1

Barry is right in everything hes said. I assume that its the Cadillac factory front compartment radio.  Those radios ceased to be avail;able a long time ago. A lot of them are in lousy shape if the car has been setting outside for a while, or if (God forbid) mice have been in them. They tear the push button wiring to shreads.

Anyway, if the set is in reasonable physical condition, it will shape up  very well. I just finished one that was out of the car for the first time. Its the biggest set that Cadillac used, and a good performer. I havent been doing a lot of this stuff, as Ive been swamped with duties around the house, but given enough time, I can do it. Get in touch, and we can see what to do, and how. I live North of Detroit, between Pontiac and Flint.

Rich Gagliardi

Doug I also have a 1939 lasalle radio Iam looking to be restored
 it needs new ivory knobs ,if you are intrested what is the best way to reach you.
          Thanks Rich Gagliardi # 21688