News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Valve Lifters for 1949 - 1962

Started by John Washburn, September 11, 2005, 02:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Washburn

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the Parts Numbers for Cadillac Valve lifters from 49 thru 62. The group number is 8.2700.

I think they used some of these valve lifters for more than one year but dont have an reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Doug Houston

According to the gospel of the parts book, the lifter from 1949 to 1956 and also 1957, first type is: 5231806. The converted group number is .459. Those lifters were once available under United Motors Service parts, as well as from Cadillac.

Group numbers were changed when Cadillac no longer was their own parts supplier in about 1960. They converted to GM Parts Division (GMPD) and groups were changed to conform to the rest of the divisions. Thje guys at Cadillac told me that this was one gargantuan project. They published a conversion book showing to and from group numbers. I have one of them, fortunately.

John Washburn

Doug,

Thanks a million. I purchased a set of 16 lifters in Cadillac boxes (#523 1806) on a wim for $20.00. Looks like the fat boy might have finally done ok.

Again, thanks.

John Washburn
CLC #1067