News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recommend all-weather cover for 56 coupe?

Started by Brent #22313, September 12, 2005, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent #22313

Hello,

I am looking for any recommendations on a good cover that I can use for my 1956 Model 62 Coupe to cover it outside when it isnt in use (no garage, unfortunately).  I am especially interested in any covers out there that are especially good at keeping out moisture that fit well on this model of Cadillac.

Many thanks to all for any assistance.

Best,
Brent

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Brend,

I dont think there is such a thing as an "all-weather" cover that isnt going to damage the finish on any vehicle.

Any breeze is going to cause it to "flap" around, and dust is going to be blown around and eventually get between the cove and the paint and chrome.   Plus, critters like to be protected as well.

I have seen cars covered with various materials, and when removed, there has always been some degredation to the finish on the car.   There is nothing worse than the "blue tarp of death".

The best protection in most cases is a good polish and keeping clean if it must be left outside.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

John

Good Morning,
   Not cheap you say? Have you priced adding a garage lately? The materials, labor, permits. I looked at the site and when the sun comes up in Cal. Im going to order one. Thats like a cocoon the way it zips up and keeps the critters out.(unless you live down under...the little devils) Sorry Bruce, I couldnt resist.
   I recently took about $1000 worth of paint damage to my SDV from flying debris in Katrina here in Florida. Im just glad no trim or glass was damaged as its getting real hard to find.

But, thank you for posting the link. Im sure other non-garaged people will be happy to hear of an affordable solution.
                                           John

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday John,

Can just see the local children using it as a huge jumping castle without the battlements.

I suppose we are lucky here in Tasmania where this sort of "structure" isnt necessary.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Brent #22313

Thanks for the link.  The product looks interesting.  Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks,
Brent

Hank Modica CLC 17604

Hi Brent
I have had good luck using an inexpensive car cover
with the "blue tarp of death"  over it.
I put on the car cover.
I put the tarp over it.
I use bungee cords to attach it under the car so it
wraps underneath. I use soft rope on the front and rear.

I take pains to park it on the highest section of my yard
where the wind hits it, out in the open. The idea being that I
want as much air movement as possible to keep the undersize
ventilated. During the winter I remove everything whenever
we get reasonable spells of good weather.

Hope this help. Regards, Hank