News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Part Numbers

Started by Pat, September 13, 2005, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Is there a database that lists all Cadillac parts and part numbers?  Alternatively, if I have a part number, is there a database that I can enter it to confirm it is the correct part?

Thanks,

Pat

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Pat,

With all the parts, numbers, and supplementary numbers that Cadillac has used in the past 103 years, I dont think that the computer database would handle all the requests.

Plus, dont forget all the diagrams that us auto people would raher look at first to actually find the part and make sure it was the correct number in the first place.

Then, there would be the unemployment of all the extra sales persons to contend with.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Doug Houston

One thing that doesnt come out when youre looking at part numbers is that Electric parts will have part numbers that are Delco-Remy, bearings will have New Departure or Hyatt numbers, and so on. The divisions that supplied parts or sub-assemblies to Cadillac or any other car division had their own block of part numbers that went directly into the Cadillac book. If you see a number like 909052, its a New Departure number, and you could order the part from United Motors Service, or even a bearing supplier like Detroit Ball Bearing. Number 1118302 is a Delco-Remy number (Generator Regulator), and again, could be oprdered from Cadillac (Now, GM Parts Div.), or other replacement sources. The car division will have its part numbers for its engines, sheet metal, power train parts, and whatever is unique to that particular car.

Cadillac was (almost) the only user of its manual transmissions, for instance. A few years ago, someone told me that the 1949-50 Olds V8 cars (the new Rocket engine) used a Cadillac transmission for the manual models. I checked. Laid out the Cadillac and the Olds parts books side by side, and there it was! Other than a few tail end parts, it was a Cadillac transmission, part for part. It solves a mystery for me about a strange Cadillac transmission Ive had laying around; its for an Oldsmobile.