News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Part Number Database

Started by Pat, September 13, 2005, 08:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Is there a database that lists all Cadillac parts and part numbers?  Alternatively, if I have a part number, is there a database that I can enter it to confirm it is the correct part?  Is there a GM/Delphi?Auto Zone etc. database to be accessed?

Thanks,

Pat

Barry Wheeler #2189

These are called Master Parts Books in hard copy. They are also most likely never to be posted to the web, as who would want to do it? Hours and hours of labor listing parts for all the different makes and years...Where are you going to get someone to do it? If you make a one digit error every once in awhile, who would catch it? Even scanning the different pages would take endless hours.

Without being too sarcastic, it would be easier to chain a chimp to a keyboard and expect the Britannica.

Also, as I have said many times, and probably will again, the corporations have nearly NO interest in anything but selling their parts over the counter, and as far as helping us find parts for obsolete cars, forget it.

I know you merely asked a question, but these books are thousands of pages in length and were added to every year. They now are computer generated, but also are the closely guarded property of the auto makers.

So, to answer your question simply, Im afraid the answer is no. Now, on a more positive note, if you have the part # and a description, put it on the message board, and someone might be able to help by looking it up in their books. However, a part # alone wont do the trick as they are listed by Group, such as Frames, Bumpers, Fenders, etc, and then described by year and model, and then by part #.

And despite my long-winded explanation of why this is not so, I do try to remember that there are no dumb questions. Only stupid answers. Best regards. (It WOULD be a great thing to have!)