News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Seville SanRemo.2 Door

Started by Dick Heller, September 16, 2005, 09:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wm link

The San Remo stood out from the other conversions of the period, because of the proper 2dr length of the door and rear 1/4. The wheel base was retained as well. The doors were extended...as well as the rear 1/4. My understanding is that there were only 25 or so coupes built. The cars were #d at first. Convertibles were also built. There was a fire in 1979 at the San Remo factory in Chattsworth Ca...funny thing the fire coincided with the introduction of the "new" seville for 1980. I own car #10 a 77 San Remo.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

The San Remos, especially the Convertibles, were really the correct way to do conversions of sedan vehicles--Ive always hoped someone would apply similar techniques to the newer Cadillac models (i.e. creating a Coupe deVille or a DeVille Convertible from a DTS)! Now that I have almost completed restoring my 71 Eldorado Convertible, if I were to choose another collector car, a San Remo Convertible would be top on my list. Although Ive never been close to one of these, in my opinion, they sure look classy in the photos, and the construction appears very high quality.

Dave Smith #17592

The San Remos I recall had modified front and rear lamps.  The rear SeVille lamps being replaced with Horizontal Eldorado ones from say a 74-76 model.    I dont think this is a San Remo.    The Gold Book  "80 Years of Cadillac & LaSalle" had a picture of a 2 door Seville called the "Canso".  It retained the factory look.    Id bet that this is one of these.  

Yann!   What do you think?

wm link

I have San Remo #10 and its a 77 so this 76 would be a very early San remo. My San Remo does have the Eldorado tail lights in the rear...but otherwise the cars look the same to me from the images, including Mouton carpet.