News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Racing Cadillacs at MIS

Started by r parkinson clc 12511, September 24, 2005, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r parkinson clc 12511

We just took 5 laps around Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Mi.  We attained a whopping 70 mph (that was all they allowed).  What a thrill.  However, my 55 CDV wasnt quite set up for the banked track.  It was a handful keeping it up out of the infield.  This is the second year we have been allowed to do this.  I recommend it for anybody who gets a chance.

David #19063

Ill bet that was fun time!!!

Probably the faster you go the centrifical force would help keep you up on the bank.

70 mph max, eh?  Interesting...when Ive driven on I94 in Michigan, I dont think anyone drives that slow...LOL!

David

r parkinson clc 12511

Last year they didnt impose a speed limit on us. I got the old beast up to 85 and some lady in a red T-Bird flew past me like I was standing still.  That was embarrassing.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Ill bet they put the speed limit on just to stop the Cadillacs being embarrased, and to give the Yugos a chance at getting nearly to top speed.

Plus, it would have had a lot to do with insurance and the fact that they couldnt enforce restrictor plates under the carbies.

Plus, you can blame the driver of the Thunderbird for causing the lower limit.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV