News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

GM should spin-off all its divsions

Started by John Moran, September 23, 2005, 08:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Moran

GM should spin-off all its motor divisions and get back to engineering and designing distinctive American cars and bring back our Grandfather’s Oldsmobile.  Ford and GM are the next corporate icons to disappear.

Doug Houston

Its amusing about Oldsmobiles ad in 1991 about "Not Your fathers Olds"....or whatever. I happen to have a 41 Oldsmobile, and I was at the Lake Orion plant  in 91 where my car was on display. It was the fiftieth year for the 98, which is my cars model.

The marketing guys were there, drooling over their "clever" ad. I asked them why they were ashamed of previous model Oldsmobiles. I thought they were fine creations. That thought failed to penetrate their thick skulls. The armor that protects against reason is ego, and they had lots of it. The Oldsmobile buffs all had the same thoughts too. Fortunately, the ad died a slow death. Could that have been related to Oldsmobile being dropped?

William Hunter CLC #21622

OLD is BAD
Just look at all current high level management training and text.
If you are 55 years old = bad for the company.
Have we produced it for five years = time to scrap it and redesign.
Etc, etc, etc.

Mike #19861

From all that I have read, that ad campaign was the beginning of the end for Oldsmobile.

Mike