News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1950s cadillac

Started by Richard Williamson, October 02, 2005, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Williamson

What are your opinions regarding the best models of the Fifties to look for?

Doug Houston

Thats a hard question. If youre going to go for a fifties model ANYTHING, be sure you examine the underside of the car very thoroughly. Cars of that decade were noted for rust-out. It wasnt until into the sixties that thew manufacturers made any attempt at rustproofing. If you can find a car from other than the "rust belt"  (central states), it will have better potential. In Cadillac, its more a metter of what stying you prefer. The 1950 cars were very different from the 1959 models, design-wise, so its a matter of your choice.

I have my second 56 Cadillac. Its because I had one in the late fifties, and loved the damned thing so much, I hac to get another one a few years ago. I know that the transmission was troublesome, but I like the car, anyway. People are nutty. Thats what makes the world go around!