News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

??Should I part out 94 Fleetwood Brougham??

Started by David #19063, October 03, 2005, 10:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David #19063

Hello all,

As many of you know, some Neanderthal slammed into the back of my very nice 94 Fleetwood Brougham.

My insurance company considers that car a total (which it truely is) and has given me 48 hrs. to decide if I want to buy it back for salvage for $750 or not.

Does anyone have any interest in this car, or parts?

Is it worth the hassle of parting out?

It does have a strong running LT1 and 4L60E trans...and of ourse all the computers to run them.

Id appreciate your quick input.

David

Dale jackson

Hi,

I would buy it from insurece company no problem. Thats the same engine installed in camaros etc. You should check completed sales on ebay. Those lt engines are very expensive buy and lot hot rodders buy for engine swaps or hot rods. Keep you car and when remove the engine and trans. I repeat do not cut wiring and label the wiring etc and keep all computers to run the engine.  

The Other parts to car save them and sell them on ebay. The big money in the drivetrain in car. They even make hot rod parts on those engines and painless wiring makes kits make them run stand alone etc in the new car.

On my 1987 camaro its has an bad engine. I would love install an lti engine in place and keep it smog legral becides puting an rebuilt engine. I have seen those engines installed in s-10 pickups as v 8 conversions .

At Bayou city insurce auction . Last year I saw an camaro run and driving at the sale with that same engine. It sold for 1900 bucks. It was wrecked bad needed intire front clip, rear quater repaired. It sold to junk yard since the junkyard was going sale drivetrain from car for engine sawp.

Have fun dale . If I had money I would love that engine and trans with parts for my car

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

David,

In a word, YES.

Personally, I wouldnt have any problem with retaining the wreck and parting it out.

But, I suppose you have to consider your neighbours, but if you can strip it out in your garage, anmd sell off all the parts, and then junk the rest, go for it.

But, for sanity sake, dont let it lay around for too long, and also, dont throw out anything that can be of use to you further down the track.   And, dont cut any wiring that might jeopadise a sale of a computer related item.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Densie 20352

It just depends on whether or not you want to spend your time pulling and selling parts.

-densie

David #19063

To all,

I was unable to find a place to store the vehicle at to do this so the insurance will be taking it Thursday (today).

I just have to call them and let them know.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Oh, well, at least you will have one thing less to worry about.

Now you just have to get yourself another daily driver.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

David #19063

Yes, now I need to find a nice low mileage well maintained 1995 Fleetwood Brougham!

David #19063

...LOL!

At the last moment early Thursday morning, I was contacted by through this forum by a fellow 94 Brougham owner, in fact he has the identical car, and wanted my wrecked hulk for a parts car for his.  Very smart move.

As of yesterday morning, a car transporter loaded up my wreck, along with a brand new Escalade EXT he picked up in Chicago.

I was happy to have my car go to another Cadillac lover as opposed to a salvage yard.

In fact, this 2 car transporter, is the same one that picked up my 60 Cadillac and 71 Electra to bring to the port in New Jersey to ship overseas.

Very professional, very quick response, excellent prices.

I highly recommend him.

Tell him I sent you.

Dave Thomas
Paradise Specialized Hauling
Paradise, Pennsylvania 17562
717-951-1998