News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hershey

Started by Art#22010, October 07, 2005, 06:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art#22010

Well its Hershey time again. You guessed it, rain again. Has to be in the 70s when good weather was at Hershey. Good luck to all who attend. This is my last attempt. Use to be a mud whole tring to find parts, now they have more blacktop. however when its time to show, rain. See you next year. just checked the long range forcast for 06, RAIN. See ya. Art

Lou 19028

Not just rain,but heavy rain(up to 7"). Owell aint going to the show this year :(

Sue 5125

Yep its raining!  We drove 500 miles and enjoyed nice weather on Thursday.  We walked for several hours in the rain today and bought quite a few things - the vendors that are open are willing to deal.  

Plan to go back tomorrow and check out the show cars.  Knowing the die-hard mentality of most AACA members there WILL be cars out there on display - and fire trucks, DIVCOs, busses and motorcycles, etc.

The CLC Hospitality Tent was hopping with over a dozen members(?) early this afternoon.  Found a great steak sandwich for lunch w/cheese, onions, peppers, sauce (the works) - we were the only ones sitting at the tables under some fairly waterproof awnings.  No waiting and the french fries were specially made just for us - their only customers.

Joe Gildea told us that he did run out of beer (did he drink it all or hand it out?) but he is planning to restock tonight.  A group of 5 CLC members showed up and Joe told them to come back tomorrow.

A lot of the vendors shut down and packed up yesterday - no problem finding a parking spot today. The local antique mall was pretty busy with frustrated buyers who couldnt find anything in the swap meet.  

Rain, sleet, sun or snow - Hershey will continue.  Are you man enough to attend?  Just be sure to pack for all 4 seasons - or at least 3 of them.  

(My husband told me that it was romantic to walk in the rain - sharing an umbrella and looking for parts.)

John

Sue,
 I sure hope that "cheese steak" was like we used to get from Pats in Philly. Stuffed with meat and the grease dripping out of it on that special bread they made. I can taste it now!!! Oh!! for the "good old days" Men were men, girls were girls and the cars, oh the cars. Nothing like that in todays world, huh?
 Hope you had fun. Raining like hell here in So. Florida too. Glad my second wife is in the garage safe and sound ;)

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, what do you know, it is raining here in Lindisfarne, Tasmania as I type this.

The Drags got cancelled today, so will be spending the day, and tomorrow, glued to the TV watching the Bathurst 1000 form Mount Panorama in New South Wales.   V8 Holdens and Falcons.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

P.S.  Sue, nice to see you are having a romantic time at Hershey.

Art#22010

Nope, not man enough. Did not spend four years restoring my 49 to put on display in a swamp. Been there done that. You can have it. If they offered me a Senior award and 500.00 dollars I would not take it there. I live here, 6 miles away and I can tell you it rains every October when that show is on. hope your having fun. With all the vendors packing up it leaves more room for those romantic strolls. Oh, the romance!    Art

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

How does your third wife feel about you keeping your second one in the garage?

Porter 21919

Up here in Maine we have the Fryeburg fair this time of year, you can take it to the bank, it will rain, usually for days on end and rain hard. We have had rain starting last night and it will run right through Sunday night, what a surprise. Oh, did I mention it always rains on this weekend ?

A week sooner or later and it would be dry, then the weather would probably change in order to soak the Hershey and  Fryeburg dedicated regulars.

A friend of mine from NJ has been to Hershey at least 25 years in a row, rain or shine.

Porter

Jeff Hansen, #4225

This is the first rain we have had at Hershey in three years.  The last two years were picture perfect.  

I, too, elected not to show my car in the monsoon.  Fifteen plus years of labor deserves better than a driving rain storm for a debut.  It will be interesting to check the AACA message board to see how many braved the conditions.

The CLC tent closed its doors Friday at about 5 PM for the duration.  The Chocolate field at that time looked like a (soggy) ghost town.  Over the three days the tent was open, we signed in at least 300 visitors (sorry, I didnt get the final number).

Jeff

Lou 19028

Quote from: Jeff Hansen, #4225I, too, elected not to show my car in the monsoon.  Fifteen plus years of labor deserves better than a driving rain storm for a debut.  It will be interesting to check the AACA message board to see how many braved the conditions.

Funny you should mention that.Heres a gem from the AACA board... "If you expect to go through life and Hershey and never get rained on, you are one of the sissy generation. Hershey never was for that group."  This quote is from a member responding to a few of us posting that we were not bringing our cars to the show because of the weather.  I have heard of a lot of different generations but the "sissy generation" That one made my day...lol

Johnny

Quote from: JohnSue,
 I sure hope that "cheese steak" was like we used to get from Pats in Philly. Stuffed with meat and the grease dripping out of it on that special bread they made. I can taste it now!!! Oh!! for the "good old days" Men were men, girls were girls and the cars, oh the cars. Nothing like that in todays world, huh?
 Hope you had fun. Raining like hell here in So. Florida too. Glad my second wife is in the garage safe and sound ;)

Sounds like you havent been back to Philly in awhile.  Pats steaks is at the bottom of the barrel for Philly Cheesesteaks.  For really great South Philly Cheesesteaks and Sandwiches, Tony Lukes is the place!