News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

47 door panel & trim removal ?s .

Started by Bob 13906, October 11, 2005, 09:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob 13906

I would like to know the best way to remove the door panels & trim (both int. & ext.). I have a removal tool from Eastwood Co. But Im not sure how to use it on these clips. Any help is appreciated. Bob

Bill Ingler CLC 7799

Hi Bob- The door panels on the 47 are held in place by several different methods. The top of the inside door panel is held by the large metal garnish molding which has to be removed. Through this molding will be your vent window regulator handle and the door handle. They need to be removed and then the screws holding this large garnish molding to the door. Once you have this garnish molding removed you will have to remove the window handle fron the door panel. The arm rest needs to be removed next. Look under the arm rest and you will see 2 screws holding a flap. remove the 2 screws and pull the flap open. Inside the flap will be 2 large sheet metal screws holding the arm rest to the door. Once the arm rest is removed look at the front bottom of the door panel on the inside of the panel for about a 10/32 sheet metal screw through the door panel and another screw at the rear bottom of the panel. Remove both and now you are ready to use the tool that you bought from Eastwood. Look at the picture of the clip that I have enclosed. This clip protrudes through your door panel from the inside and is pushed into slots cut in the door all the way around the door to accept these clips. Push your tool between the door panel and the door and pry to pull the clip away from the door. Just take your time if this is the original door panels. Sometimes if the car has had the interior replached they will use a spring clip but they remove the same.As far as the outside door trim, the stainless belt molding on the door is not hard to remove but needs to be removed with caution. The stainless belt molding is held on by snaping the stainless molding over another molding screwed to the door. This screwed on molding is just a tad wider than the stainless belt molding. Gently pry the stainless belt molding from the bottom molding starting fron the front of the door and working back toward the rear of the door.DO NOT pry from both the top and the bottom of the molding at the same time or when it comes off it will have a front to back upward bend, not ruined but will be somewhat difficult to put back on the door.Please Email me if you need more help.

http://members.aol.com/inglerfly/Clip1jpg TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/inglerfly/Clip1jpg