News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 Eldorado Convertible

Started by Roland Young CLC22403, October 12, 2005, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Young CLC22403

Im new to this.  Have a great car as many of you do. Any idea how Id find out how many convertibles were produced (2150 all styles), how many now exist, and how many are in the club?  I welcome some guidance.

JIM CLC # 15000

10-12-05
Roland, cant help you with the question of how many were made, but, the number of 54 Eldorado Converibles listed in the 2005 membership book is 54.
HTH,BTW, welcome to the club!
Good Luck, Jim

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Roland,

If they only made the 54 Eldorado as a Convertible, then my records show that there were 2,150 made.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Roaland Young

Thanks Jim. Do we have a page listing in the club?  Mine is red w/ a continental kit.  Id love to see what else is out there.  Thank-you.

Yann Saunders, 12588

So far there are good, individual listings in the Clubs "Cadillac Database" for the vee-sixteens of 1930-40, the 1953 Eldorado and the 1957-60 Eldorado Brougham.

Bill Refakis, a 59 Eldo enthusiast, currently is working on a listing of 59 Biarritz survivors.

You are welcome to start one for the 54 Eldo.  Off hand I dont know if any ground work has been done on it, so you probably would be starting from zero.

Good luck!

Vince Taliano CLC #13852

I know of two 1954 Eldorados: one owned by Frank Pinola, Central PA Region Director, and one owned by Richard Sisson, Potomac Region.  Both cars are black.  I have a photo of the two cars side by side at the 2005 Brenner Cadillac Show in Harrisburg, PA.

Roland Young CLC22403

Thank-you.  Any idea what the process is or who to contact to get it started?

Yann

Theres no easy way. A good start is to get authority to view Cadillacs historical archives.  You may need an introduction from the club or someone of some influence in the club, like Ron Van Gelderen (twice club president) or Matt Larson who did the groundwork for the Clubs "LaSalle" history and drew up also the bulk of the roster of surviving 1953 Eldorados.

Then you would have to go through almost 97,000 microfiches, one at a time, to pick out all the "6267SX" build sheets (all 2150 of them), print them out or save them in a computer program.  

Thats your base.

Then you go through the Club directory and contact everyone in it whos got a 54 Eldorado (at last count, there were more than 50).  You would need their permission to include their car(s); some people just want to stay anonymous or at least low profile.

Then you advertise in club or specialty magazines, inviting owners or anyone who knows of such a car to contact you.  The leads will begin pouring in and soon you will be able to proudly display your nascent "Roster of Surviving 1954 Eldorados".

It will take a lot of time, some expense and plenty of energy and devotion. I started my 59 Eldorado listing from Switzerland, in the early 80s, when eMail did not exist and PCs were rare.  In comparison, my friend, you will have it EASY! comparison !

Tee-hee.

Roland Young CLC22403

Thank-you for your guidance.  Ill save this task for a time that is a little less busy for me.  Congratulations on completing yours.  Is it on the web for viewing?