News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How do I remove a dead 69 power bench seat from a 68 Deville

Started by Andrew 10642, October 15, 2005, 05:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew 10642

Hello all,

Slowly parting a 68 Deville, and this car had a 69 Deville seat installed, which, some of you may recall, had the power control in the door, rather than the seat base.  Therefore, the power seat will not move, but I need to remove it, and cant get to the mounting bolts. Suggestions?

Porter 21919

Andrew,

Another words you cant get an open end or box wrench on the bolts, only a socket ?

I have removed my 66 & 67 seat, granted it is easier to move it front to back and use a rachet with a socket, with a little thought Im sure you can hot wire the electrical leads to move it front to back.

Porter

Andrew 10642

I havent yet tried, but I am going to attempt it next weekend.  Ill attempt to get the power leads going!

Michael Stamps 19507

I forget the details but I know that I removed the power seat out of a 70 SDV when stripping it down.  I did not have power to move the seat.  I remember that it was a PITA but I dont think it took more than 30 minutes.

Stampie

Porter 21919

Exactly, since I have air tools I prefer to use them, the rear bolts are the worst if the seat is all the way back, with the seat forward they are very accessible, likewise the front bolts with the seat all the way to the rear are very accessible.

Having said that Im sure I could access all the bolts with an open end or box wrench no matter position the seat is in.

wm link

Try moving the seat with power and a jumper. Otherwise...You can remove the cables from the motor and attatch your cordless drill to the cable end...you will be able to move the seat a little bit one side at a time...then you will have to move the other side and equal amount. That will get you where you need.

Andrew 10642

Thanks to all

Ill report the progress after next weeekend!