News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Attn: Wm.Link! Fraud ALERT

Started by Dave Smith #17592, October 17, 2005, 08:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Smith #17592

Hey Bill!

Look who is selling another Celebrity owned Talisman???   Isnt this the guy who sold you the "Jackie Gleason" car?

This one was owned by "Sammy Davis Jr".   At least he was smart enough NOT to post the VIN so I could check it in my Talisman Database!  

Ebay item#: 4583175071     CAVEAT EMPTOR!

David

wm link

Jemguy47 is Adam Ross of Ohio and yes he sold me the "claimed" Jackie Gleason "the great one" car from FLORIDA. I traced the car back to its original owner, no Gleasons. The dash plaque was a fake engraving (Hmmm...Adam Ross sells watches). I spoke in length to a LONG time prior owner that purchased the car from the original family. The car was NEVER in Florida where Gleason had relocated by 1974, and had been a South Carolina car all its life. Adam did buy a Talisman I had looked at in Penn. in the SAME colors as this "Candyman" car, Hmmmm

Dave Smith #17592

Hi Bill,

OH!  The Pennsylvania car!   I remember that one.  The seller was firm then on his "Buy it now" price of $9000 even though he hadnt even washed the car after pulling it out of his neighbors garage.  That car had a funny seam on the vinyl top on the upper B-pillar.   It definately looked like a previous repair.  The seller was not friendly, especially when I offered him $6000 cash for the car, considering it needed all the plastic fillers eventually replaced, plus that vinyl top.  Gee, this car looks like it has a new top too.....

I have the VIN number on file of the Pennsylvania car.   That will certain bust him if he publishes the VIN on his.   What a shame that a club member is doing this.   Maybe he should change his Ebay name to : PT.BARNUM !

wm link

I just put my "Jackie Gleason" Talisman on ebay...this time with the REAL story. Item # 4583382103